CORKCABIN and Devon Life Magazine have collaborated to launch the exciting CORKCABIN Interior Design Challenge for all budding designers.
The full details of the competition will be published in the February edition of Devon Life (which goes on sale on 10th January 2019). The main details are as follows:
- The CORKCABIN Interior Design Challenge is open to anyone.
- Designs should be inspired by cultures of the world (e.g. Eastern European, Oriental, African, Scandinavian, Asian).
- Interior finishes (including installation) need to fall within the maximum budget of £2000 which could be utilised by each selected entrant. This includes:
- Decoration of interior wood panels.
- Additional lamps.
- Soft furnishings.
- Entrants are encouraged to visit the CORKCABIN site during opening hours to both see the internal layout upon which their design will be based and to view the range of natural paints and oils available for decorating the internal walls and ceilings, lighting arrangements etc..
- The closing date is Friday 19th April.
- Entrants are required to submit the following information to email@example.com
- Name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A name for the design and feature image to present the vision in the strongest way.
- A brief description of the design and explanation for the inspiration behind it.
- Optional selection of up to 5 additional supporting images, sketches or visual material.
- After the closing date, a panel of judges from Mike Wye and Devon Life Magazine will shortlist 4 designs to be installed in newly converted CORKCABINs.
- Winning designers will need to be available to implement their design over a 4 week period after the closing date.
- Winning designs will be published in the August issue of Devon Life Magazine (which goes on sale mid-July).
- The prize?
The chosen winning design will win a £1,000 cash prize plus an ongoing commission of £250 for every unit sold using their design.
The 3 runner-up designers will also receive an ongoing commission of £250 for every unit sold with their design in the future.
- Competition Terms and Conditions