Devon Nordic. Design by Shelley Palmer, with Luke Cumberlidge Bespoke Joinery.
Devon Nordic is where Scandinavian meets beautiful, rural Devon!
Showcasing the amazing designers, artisans and locally made products we have here in South West UK.
Ideal as a “glamping” pod or extra bedroom for guests, occupants will enjoy the Scandinavian design ethos of simplicity, minimalism and functionality.
The concept is that someone can stay in comfort overnight, with facilities to make themselves a light supper, and coffee in the morning. A fitted double bed and concealed mini-kitchen (with induction hob and space for a small fridge) are complemented by hand-made chairs and soft furnishings produced from recycled plastics.
Price (with full set of design components) £23,600
About the Designers
Shelley Palmer has a broad-based foundation in arts and design and is skilled with colour, print and detail. With a love of authentic craftsmanship and unique pieces, Shelley has collaborated with artisan joiner Luke Cumberlidge to create bespoke installations in the Devon Nordic CORKCABIN.
Devon Nordic Products
- Walls and ceilings painted with Earthborn EcoPro Matt Emulsion in “Woodpecker” .
- Kitchen Cabinet and Bed made by Luke Cumberlidge Bespoke Joinery of Totnes using timber from Southern Timber in Ipplepen. Incorporates a two-ring induction hob from Appliances Direct.
- Windsor Chairs with Ash seats, handmade by Ambrose Vevers in Ashburton.
- Morvah Ceiling Hanging Planter by Tom Raffield of Trevarno near Helston.
- Sheepskin Rug from Devonia in Buckfastleigh.
- Hygge Porcelain Pendant Light from Pippi & Me Ceramics, Dartington.
- Medium Planter “Coal” designed and handcrafted by Dor & Tan in St Ives.
- Herringbone Blanket “Chinchilla” made from approx 300 recycled plastic bottles by Weaver Green in Salcombe.
- Slate Hearth from Winkleigh Timber.
- Outbacker “Fire Box” Portable Tent Stove from Outbacker Stoves in Newark.
- Plants and Soy Wax Candle from Colony in Totnes.