Scandi Dreams. Design by Lucy Hill.
Following a Scandinavian style, Scandi Dreams is a calm and sleek space which uses colour combinations of navy, yellow and coral to enhance the beauty of natural materials.
This design embraces the ethos of the CORKCABIN – principally that enjoyment of a luxury space doesn’t exclude sustainable materials and methods; the two are complementary and form a virtuous circle.
Designed to favour use as a home office or summer house, there is visual excitement from the use of colour and inclusion of bespoke lighting created by Lucy especially for this project.
Price (with full set of design components) £23,600
About the Designer
Lucy Hill is a student of Design with a clear understanding of the need for design to meet commercial requirements. This is demonstrated by the functionality of the Scandi Dreams CORKCABIN combined with bespoke, high street and classic design pieces.
Scandi Dreams Products
Lucy’s Scandinavian themed CORKCABIN includes a desk and lamps that she designed and made.
- Walls painted with Earthborn Claypaint in “White Clay” and “Trumpet”.
- Desk and magazine files painted with Earthborn EcoPro Eggshell in “Azalea” and “Canary”.
- Lampshades and Desk finished with Kreidezeit Hard Oil with White Pigment.
- Materials for items made by designer
- Earthenware and Cork Teapot and Mugs in Storm Grey from Love Liga from Truro, Cornwall.
- Oxford Stripe Blanket “Coral” made from approx 300 recycled plastic bottles by Weaver Green in Salcombe.
- Cuero Design Hemp Canvas Butterfly Chair (White) from Nest
- Kaarol Washable Rug from Amara.
- Natural Hemp & Jute Rug from Trouva (no longer available).
- Leigh Round White Cotton & Jute Rug from Maisons du Monde
- Odger Chair (Beige) from Ikea.
- Knuff Magazine File from Ikea.
- Damien Round Side Table (Neutral) from Clippings.
- Plants from Crocus.
- Southwold Felt Waste Paper Basket from Garden Trading.
- Two-Tone Linen Cushion Cover (Yellow) from Zara Home.
- A Thousand Birds Framed Print from Juniqe.
- Items from Habitat
- Books & Magazines